Sunday, November 17, 2013

Art!

One of my student's parents wondered why I hadn't posted our art - good question!  I have so many wonderful little artists in my blended art class.  Enjoy! Both art lessons are taken from Runde's Room.(I actually get a lot of ideas from Jen Runde).

I Am... 

Students were given primary colours and white to blend their own tints.  They used the curvy lines to create movement across the page.  Finally, they filled in their colours with an I Am poem, describing themselves.

































Northern Lights

Students used chalk pastels on black to blend colours and create the northern lights backdrop for their autumn tree silhouette. Again they used poetry to complete their project.  In gold, students wrote concrete poems about their tree or trees in general.  Sorry that I did not photograph the art before laminating it (to preserve it), and hanging it on the wall under the glare of the florescent lights.  You may have to wait for your child to bring the art home to truly appreciate its beauty, as the pictures do not allow for the true colours.














My little Ru.


More Northern Lights (added November 29)









"I am a tree.  I stand fearless in the worst of time"



No comments:

Post a Comment